May 12, 2014

#76: Behind the Scenes of BBB Part 1

Celebrating the 2nd Anniversary
of Weekly Notes w/ a New Format
!
Hello everyone! Most of you joined me during the age and creation of Weekly Notes. Before that, as you know from my first book, Telling the Truth, I wrote the Articles that established the dance of West Coast Swing once more.

I gave you a foundation, a home, a structure and a living. The words grew into a movement and the people united, asking more questions about how to turn their new foundations into communities, towns and full blown cities. You wanted WCS to *live* again. And so did I.

Then an extraordinary dancer named Cynthia Ann Richards walked up to me at Boogie by the Bay after I was wrapping up rehearsals with Josh. It was the first BBB after The Time Has Come had been released. The air was electric. The air was buzzing.

And I wanted to hide underneath a piano.


Why? Well, I'll share that with you and more in my big new present to you. Because two years ago today... two whole years ago (does it feel that short to you??) I wrote you saying I was switching from my established Articles format and moving into something very different - a weekly quick-fire format. Informal, off-the-cuff and rather wild. 

Oh, my. Did any of us think they would get this big? How much has changed, grown and expanded with their meager start? In the beginning I barely filled a page with each e-Note, and now I have to work hard not to fill twelve. Seriously. Copy and paste #25: Swing Therapy or better yet, #27: Convention Mention into a Word Document. You will not believe it! I certainly didn't. We seen so much together, and it's gone by so fast and we've come so far, haven't we?

In just two short, fast years... we find ourselves feeling 20 years older. In a good way. So to celebrate, I'm once again announcing another format! A whole new way of reaching you. If the Weekly Notes took us this far, what will my "Audio Exposés" do?

I have no idea. But just like the Weekly Notes, I can promise you only one simple thing: they are revolutionary. I mean it.

Let's go.
AUDIO EXPOSÉS

Welcome to my very first Audio Exposé edition, podcast style. Me. Sharing with you. Uh oh. 

I've recorded a few others already, but I'm releasing this first in honor of Boogie by the Bay. It was there that the idea for Weekly Notes came to me. It was there I was inspired to write more than two Notes (I'll explain in the video), and it was BBB that was the subject of my very first WCS Weekly Note #1: Boogie Music?

So grab some popcorn, close your eyes, and prepare to be transported into the very first, cutting edge world... and all the power and info it is infused with. Ah! I should mention that Part 2 is packed with a lot more controversy, names and dirt than Part 1, but Part 1 will open your eyes a bit too. Enjoy!

*Note: The opening is my introduction to the brand new branch of WCSR media - to skip straight to the "BBB Memoir," it starts at 10:03
BBB WCS AUDIO EXPOSÉ - 
NEWEST ADDITION TO THE WCS REVOLUTION!!! 
PART 1 


Happy Anniversary! 
Katherine

From Weekly Notes #76: Behind the Scenes of BBB Part 1 (Weekly Notes Anniversary!) released October 2013. Revised and updated.