May 08, 2014

#54: Rearview Mirror (Church of Jordan and Tatiana)

The People Who
Created and Protect
the Church
You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or a down... -Ronald Reagan
___

First, before anything else, I'd like to clarify that, though it put a million puzzle pieces into place when I first heard it... it was not me, alas, that came up with the term or the idea of "the church of Jordan and Tatiana." 

I was on my way to the Open in 2011 when they used it, and it hasn't left my head since, and I've mentioned it to maybe three people since then, but again... never claimed the credit for it. I wish I could say I was that brilliant, and sometimes, perhaps I might get close, but no- this was not my own brilliant insight.

But once I wrote about it for you last week boy, did the wheels start churning in my head.
Even more facts and memories fell into place... made more sense. Like who founded this "Church of the JT," why and how it still exists and even how each of these people are all connected, making sure they are unquestioned everywhere, not just the Open.

I'm constantly shocked at just how much people have forgotten, and how many people that know have either shoved it down inside or left altogether.

But I do know one thing. The Founders and the Bishops of the Church have all knowingly...

...and willfully chosen to turn their cheek on swing and swing dancers, and literally LIE to the public. I mean, flat out fabricate and lie to people... it makes me gag.

Because if I've learned anything in the last six months, I've learned how many people I thought "didn't know" certain things actually DID know things... and have for nearly a decade. And I've learned how many others in the more widely known circles, the ones I was totally sure knew certain things... I've learned they didn't, because they were told the exact opposite by people I just never believed could tell a lie.

So. 
Denial.

It's a human thing. And that can be the tune of this last generation of Zouk Zombies and Abstract Nissies... but it doesn't have to be the tune WE dance to, does it?

We have so many choices, and so many options, if we are courageous and free enough to take and make them.

This is the Rearview Mirror for The Church of Jordan and Tatiana that was released after the 2012 US Open Swing Dance Championships. This Note, Weekly Note #54 (Lie or Deny), was released the next week.