March 28, 2014

#56: My Joyful Christmas Gift

Brand New Video from the
West Coast Swing Days
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof. Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice. -Psalm 96
___

I came across one of my favorite videos a few weeks ago. And considering their costumes and their absolute radiant joy and exuberance throughout the entire routine, and the fact that they do sexy in the right kind of "healthy" yet "sizzle" way... I thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate the holiday... and give you some red hot sparkling cheer to go with your dancin' feet!

The following video is of Eddie & Blair. Heard of Eddie & Blair? Well, neither had anyone else when they first took the floor way back in 1994. They were total newcomers. And you want to know how they did?

And they brought the house down.

Perhaps it was the song they used. After all, their coach did say, "You guys are young, so you can do something they can't... go FAST." As if they weren't already going fast back then... but Eddie & Blair took up the charge, and they went for it.

And these newcomers nabbed 2nd place in an incredibly difficult Classic competition... their first times on the floor. I love Eddie & Blair. I loved them as people, and I loved their routines... but this will always be my favorite.

I hope you enjoy it too... because it's never been on YouTube before now. Perhaps one day you'll watch it as much as I did in my early years of dancing... and it will inspire that "swing" in you too!


Eddie Vedola & Blair Johnson - Classic Division
1994 US Open - 2nd Place

Of course, I've uploaded some more videos for you too that have never been on YouTube before too, as well as the first place winners that year, so enjoy checking out my YouTube Channel to see those as well!!!

Merry Christmas!
& a VERY Happy New Year!

xoxo
Katherine


From Weekly WCS Note #56: My Joyful Christmas Gift. Released Christmas Eve 2013.